Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Day 8 West Bend, WI

The weather was cool this morning when I got up, but warmed up quickly. At 11 a.m. it was sunny and hot. Now two hours later, there are huge puffy clouds in the sky and it keeps getting darker. That seems to be the pattern. Two days ago in Janesville, we had such an afternoon storm that the library warned patrons to stay away from the windows. As hard as the wind blew and the rain poured, they did not lose any trees so they must have tougher trees than we do in Covington or the wind wasn't as strong as it looked. Yesterday that pattern did not create any rain for a change, thank goodness.

Because yesterday I stayed at Lake Lenwood Campground and had a lovely time. It was 3:15 when I got there and I could have gone into West Bend, about 4 miles, but the water looked so inviting I changed into my swimsuit. The camp owner said the water was clean as no gas motor boats were allowed and it was spring-fed. So I expected it would be really cold, but it wasn't. You know me, used to Lake Ontario, I waded in slowly but quickly was all in and swimming out to the raft. Had a good swim and then later a hot shower, both real relaxing. So I did not one lick of research yesterday, did not even open my laptop until nighttime when I put an audio-book CD in it and fell asleep before it finished.

My cell phone has died, so next order of business is to find a Radio Shack. I hope it's only the battery.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mom-

    Swim sounds delicious!

    Beautiful here yesterday: humidity of several days was gone.

    Love, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. The swimming sounds nice. In fact it all sounds like one long string of Sunday's - jealous!

    ReplyDelete