Sunday, August 2, 2009

Checklist

Okay. Now I have a checklist - and I'm trying real hard not to add any more things to it. Today I'm concentrating on the "chore list."



One of the rivets had fallen out of a leg on my suitcase. Brother Phil put a rivet in it for me back in May and it held for one more trip but the rivet came out again. So I found a small metal bolt in my tool box, but it had no nut with it, so go to Walmart and find similar size - took a little looking - and come home and push bolt through, apply nut and voila - felt pretty proud of myself for that one. Throw package of bolts in car tool box in case more rivets give out.



I also bought a DC-AC converter for my car so I can charge my laptop battery while I'm on the road. For someone who is "technologically challenged", my checklist includes a large assortment of electronics. In addition to the laptop and cell phone and GPS, I now have a digital voice recorder. So it figures, if I'm driving I'd better be charging something as I go along. Oh yes, and there are the accompanying instruction manuals. And I haven't even bought a camera yet. I found what I wanted and the clerk said, "Sorry, we're out!" Wouldn't you know.

1 comment:

  1. I laughed out loud at this post! :) I know you'll have a rotation down quickly for charging all that stuff! Love, Amy

    ReplyDelete