Saturday, August 15, 2009

Day 11 Sparta, WI

Well, you can't win them all. I was looking at a weekend when the county offices would be closed but I figured the library would be open so I reserved campsites for the weekend in Sparta, figuring to get into the county offices on Monday morning. (I learned from experience I need to reserve sites ahead on the weekends) But even though the Sparta library has Wi-fi, I can not connect to it. I've had no problem other places, but I tried all the tricks I know and nothing worked. My Wi-fi adaptor was active, but no wireless connection showing. No one here can help; others get on okay and they have no security code.

So what to do with the weekend? Well, this morning I spent time housekeeping, or rather "car-keeping", organizing my suitcase, and the other stuff in the car. I need to buy ice for the cooler today, usually do that every other day. I've been thinking about all the things I am using that you kids gave me: the stuff bag for my sleeping bag, whisk broom, Pond's cleansing pads, nice bright yellow flashlight, car cup, handy little jacknife, camera case, skin cream - there's probably more - thank you.

I am writing this on a library computer, have not been to the campsite yet. Perhaps the campsite will have some distractions. Yesterday at Castle Rock campsite in Black River Falls, I took one of the hiking trails. The terrain reminded me of the Adirondacks, but not nearly as high.

Tomorrow I am driving into Rochester, MN - about 100 miles to visit Bruce Douglass, an old genealogy friend of mine. Then after Monday I will be headed for Iowa. It's going to be another hot day, 78 at 10 a.m.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Mom!
    Weird about the wifi!

    Rochester, MinneSO-ta! Home of the Mayo Clinic! I am always curious about what it's like. It always sneaks into searches when I'm making travel arrangements to Rochester, NY.

    Good luck on Monday. I have the day off!
    Love, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much infrastructure our country has. I bet you can't 'get' 150 miles from a gas station and it's rare you can't find free WiFi or public use computer - Amazing.

    Keep the updates coming. Fun!
    --Jon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mom!
    I'm clean, free running, and sanitary.
    A little groggy and pecking though.

    ReplyDelete