Thursday, August 6, 2009

Day 2 - August 6

Just a quick note. Had a lot of driving yesterday, my first day out. Left home at 7 a.m. Got to Fred and Linda Bellinger's in Indianapolis about 9:30, visited and had lunch with them, then on to Aunt Dora's in Princeton, IL. Had a little problem with my GPS, it dumped me off route about 15 miles from her and insisted "you have reached your destination" while I was looking out over lush green fields of alfalfa and not a single apt. house in sight. A couple phone calls to Aunt Dora (Joy was there at the time) and I arrived without further trouble, a little late, but just in time for supper (I had forgotten about the time change - gave me a whole hours' leeway). Had a good visit with Dora; she is doing remarkably well considering all she has been through.

Left her place this morning when her therapist came for her 9 a.m. appt. and traveled to Dixon, IL where I am now. All my preparations were for naught. The Historical Society had a sign on the door saying they were open T and Th 9-3, but it was locked up tight and no one responded to my phone message. The Genealogical Society was closed on Thursdays! So, drop back and punt. I went to the county clerk's office where I was informed if I wanted a copy of a death certificate it would cost me $30! No way. So found the library and after an hour or so, located just what I was looking for and am blogging as I am about to leave here and go to the Amboy cemetery. Next stop Geneva. IL

Beautiful sunny day. Lovely lush green countryside and I am having fun. Love

No comments:

Post a Comment