Sunday, August 30, 2009

Day 26 Still in Minnesota

Just a quick note as my laptop is low on battery and I can not find an outlet in this place.

I visited Fort Snelling cemetery this morning. That is an impressive place. Found a grave I was looking for, related to the Wesley Douglass family of South Dakota.

Came back to the Minnesota History Center but forgot the library is not open on Sunday, but the museum is so I am taking advantage of their Wi-fi.

Spent all day yesterday with Carol McGrath, my friend who has MS, at her Care Center in Robbinsdale, MN. We talked and talked and since reading is difficult for her, I read her a couple chapters from my book. She tires easily so she took a nap after lunch, which I had with her there. Then I relaxed and read in my car and came back after her nap. Nowhere as nice as the place where Bruce is; this is strictly nursing home care and the smells to go with it!

From here I am going to an art center not far away and then to Mankato.

2 comments:

  1. If you haven't moved on since this post say Hi to Carol for me. Have really fond memories of her when I was young/in Pulaski.
    --Jon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately Jon, your request and Amy's similar one were read by me after I left there as I had no Wi-fi that day. But I am writing her to tell her that I saluted the big Jolly Green Giant billboard as I went by Le Sueur, (the home of the big green guy)in honor of her roommate who comes from there and also has MS. And I will pass on your greetings. She remembers all of you very well and was most interested in all of your doings. Mom

    ReplyDelete