Wednesday, November 19, 2014

New Glasses At Last!


Aaah! New glasses! And just in time.

One of the lenses in the old glasses I was using, from putting them on and off all the time, was loose. At first I could not even see (with another old pair of tri-focals) whether the screw was still there or was gone. But the next morning in daylight, with magnifying glass and under a strong desk lamp, I found the screw head and with my tiny eyeglass-repair screwdriver was able to tighten the frame.

I have new insight into how frustrating and debilitating not being able to see well can be. Finally I can put on my glasses in the morning and not have to even think about them until I go to bed. And I can see fine. It took a little adjustment to the new lenses but I have adapted quickly.

Another good piece of news. Since I had paid for a lens protection program when I got my new bi-focal semi-tinted sunglasses, they changed the prescription in them for FREE. How nice is that!

I had promised my Aunt Jean I would come visit her and that visit got delayed much longer than I intended, due to cataract surgery. So I determined I would visit her in Virginia Beach for Thanksgiving. It’s quite a trip out there so I started thinking of other visits I could make since I was going that way.

It didn’t take long to realize I would be going through Richmond, VA, where they have a terrific library with lots of archival material, so that visit has been added into the mix. I will stop on the way going, as the library will be closed from noon the day before Thanksgiving through the rest of the weekend.

This really bitter cold weather is making excursions outside exceedingly uncomfortable. Even with my nice warm winter coat and scarf, my errands yesterday were no fun and by the time I came home my back was aching, just from the tension produced by the cold and wind when I was walking between car and buildings. The first thing I did when I got home was sit down and relax with a heating pad on my back. Within a few minutes, all the back ache was gone.

The Muro 128 2% finally came into the pharmacy so I have added that to my medicine cabinet, but I have only used the eye drops once. The warm compresses the doctor suggested work just as well, if not better.

It’s a good day to stay inside, though the sun makes it look so pretty out. I am just hoping this artic blast runs itself out before I take off for Aunt Jean's.

Enjoy your Thanksgiving. I, myself, have much to be thankful for.

Be seeing you... with my nice new lenses.

No comments:

Post a Comment